Ask students to share what they know so far about “regulation”. It is fine if they mention the content you have just introduced.
- Record any “key” words/concepts on the chart paper titled “What is Regulation?”
(with small, simple illustrations if possible)
Explain that the learning story part 1, covers the following concepts:
- Our brain, body and emotions are connected.
- Our energy level and our emotions work together.
- We can think of our energy levels like a battery. Sometimes we can have low energy, full energy, extra energy, or we can be overloaded.
- We can learn how to match our emotions and energy level to our situations. This is called regulation.
Read the learning story, “What is Regulation? Part 1” or show the PowerPoint.